24th May 2018
- What information we collect, who we collect it from and why we collect it;
- How we use that information;
- The circumstances in which we may disclose that information to others; and
- Your choices in relation to your information, including how you can access and correct that information.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- Information you give us: We may collect personal information about you when you subscribe to our newsletters or mailing lists, or enter Forecasters promotions or surveys. We may also collect personal information about you when you purchase our products and services and otherwise communicate with us. This personal information may include your name, contact details, email address, credit card details, place of work, position and other details necessary for us to provide the information or services you have requested.
- Information from your use of our services: We may record information about how you use and interact with our services, for example, how, when, where and how often you use our products and services and the internet protocol address of the device you use to access our services.
- Information from your use of our website: We receive information when you interact with and use our website. We use server logs and different Web analytic tools to help us record this information (including ‘cookies’, ‘pixel tags’ and other anonymous identifiers). These tools may gather information such as what browser and operating system you use, the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, search terms, your location and what content, products and services are viewed when visiting or registering for services on our website.
- We also use third party service providers (for example, Google) to help us track the effectiveness of our website, generate visitor traffic and to display targeted advertising. These advertisements may collect anonymous information about your visits to the website on which such advertisement is placed, your interaction with these ads and the products and services offered by us and others through the use of a cookie (such as a Google Analytics or Double Click cookie) pixel tag or other web technologies. We, Google and other selected marketing organisations may use this anonymous information to inform, optimise and provide targeted advertisements to you.
- Our website may also contain links and advertisements which link to third party websites. We have no control over the privacy policies of such third parties and we encourage you to review such policies prior to providing any information to or purchasing goods or services from such third parties.
How we use information collected
We may use the personal information collected by us for the following purposes:
- providing you with information, products or services;
- verifying that existing information we hold about you is accurate and complete;
- maintaining and improving our services and website and monitoring use of our website and services;
- confirming your identity, controlling unauthorised use or abuse of our services and verifying compliance with applicable laws;
- authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- assisting us in performing our obligations or enforcing our rights under any agreement we may have entered into with you;
- communicating with you to inform you about our services, letting you know about upcoming changes, improvements or new products you may be interested in;
- to undertake any other promotional activities where you have consented to such promotional activities;
- providing you with effective customer service and otherwise helping to solve any issues or problems you may have with our services or website; and
- for the purposes identified in any specific supplemental privacy notice posted on the page or area of our website where you provided that information.
We may use anonymous or ‘non-personally identifiable’ information:
- to personalise and support your use of our website, our services, and/or the services of our customers;
- to improve our website, the customer experience, our marketing systems, and our products and services;
- to identify actions or transactions that originate through an affiliate marketing or supporter referral program;
- to deliver targeted advertisements on our website and other third party websites;
- to provide reporting to our current and prospective service providers; and
- for other historical, statistical or research and analysis purposes.
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you have subsequently consented), for other legitimate purposes (such as regulatory compliance) and as permitted or required by applicable laws.
Your information choices
When you provide personal information, we may offer you a choice as to whether you would like to receive further communications from us. You have the right to withdraw your consent to receive such communications at any time. If you decide you no longer want to receive marketing communications or third-party promotions administered by us, you may let us know by emailing us at email@example.com or by following any unsubscribe link in our emails. Please specify which consent you are revoking in your email to us.
- You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our website or services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. If you set your browser to reject all cookies, however, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionalities of our website or our services.
- If you would like to know more about the use of anonymous browsing information to provide targeted advertisements for goods and services and your choices about not having this anonymous information used please visit:
- The Google Ads Preferences Manager where you can customize Google Display Network ads or opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising; and
- www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp which provides more general information about your options and third party service providers who collect anonymous information for advertising purposes.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
- If you contact us we may, for your protection, ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We will use all reasonable efforts to provide the access you request within 7 working days and will correct or delete any inaccurate personal information you discover.
How we retain your personal information
- The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymised, and other relevant criteria.
- You may delete your details by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete the personal information it holds about you.
How to contact us